- You will need to bring driving licenses for each named driver which must show your current address. Two forms of identification such as credit card bill, bank statement, utility bill dated within the last three months – the address must match the address on your driving license. We will also need to run a DVLA check on your license for which we require your National Insurance Number, alternatively you can supply a DVLA check code or supply an in-date printed DVLA report (https://www.gov.uk/view-driving-licence).
- Overseas license holders will need to produce your driving license and passport.
- Please note that we are unable to hire out vehicles without these documents so please arrange these beforehand to avoid disappointment.
- You will also need to bring suitable bedding and towels – but don’t worry if you forget these items as we are able to supply both upon request.
- East Anglia, UK and beyond – anywhere in Europe.
- Explore the beautiful Suffolk Countryside or head to the award-winning beaches and areas of outstanding beauty in Suffolk and Norfolk including the world renowned Walberswick National Nature Reserve. Head to the South West or to Scotland.
- Or venture into Europe – we are only 2 hours 15 minutes to Dover Ferry Terminal, 2 hours 5 minutes to the Eurotunnel, or just 45 minutes to Harwich International – closer than any other VW California hire company for access to Europe*
- Try TripSavvy for road trip inspiration
Everything you need!
- We include fully comprehensive insurance, unlimited millage, one bottle of camping gas, mains hook up cable, levelling blocks, coking equipment, utensils, crockery, cutlery. There is even an outdoor table and two chairs (additional chairs available) to enjoy alfresco dining.
- The van will come with a full tank of diesel, please ensure you bring it back full.
- Comprehensive insurance
- VW Assist – Breakdown and roadside assistance
- Unlimited mileage
- Mains hook-up cable
- Gas bottle
- Outside table and chairs
- Crockery – plates, cups, bowls, glasses, mugs etc
- Cutlery – knives, forks, spoons, sharp knifes
- Tin opener, bottle opener and corkscrew
- Collapsible kettle
- Washing up bowl
- Washing up liquid, sponge/cloth, rubbish bags, surface cleaner
- Dustpan and brush
- Tea towels
- Complimentary selection of teas (organic sleep easy, wake up, fruit teas etc), coffee and a cafetiere
- Salt and pepper grinder
- Stainless steel thermos
- Non stick frying pans and two saucepans with removable handles
- Cooking utensils
- Collapsible colander
- Cheese grater
- Two chopping boards
- Separate single ring camping stove + spare canister – to allow you to enjoy cooking under the awning
- Fire blanket
- Fire extinguisher
- First aid kit
- Warning triangle
- Two high visibility vests
We will give you a full orientation to all the features for the VW California Ocean, this will ensure that you get the best from the Ocean and can spend more time enjoying your holiday. Please allow at least 30 minutes for us to show you all the features.
In the meantime, check out this video to get you started:
In order to secure your booking a non-refundable* deposit is required. This will be calculated depending on the length of hire with a minimum of £100 and a maximum of 20% of the total hire charge. Balances are normally due at least one month before the hire commencement date which is non-refundable in the case of cancellation or curtailment. We highly recommend that you obtain adequate holiday/travel insurance in the event of any unforeseen circumstances.
*Please refer to the Covid-19 clause in the hire terms.
In the unfortunate even of an accident whether you are fault or not you must comply with the Road Traffic Act 1988, section 170. However, in addition please:
- Obtain the names and addresses of any witnesses, do not accept blame or imply blame on any other third party.
- Photograph damage to all vehicle(s) and record the registration number(s).
- Please remember to take down full details of the any third party involved in the accident. If the third party fails to give the correct details as required by law, please call the local police and note their registration number.
- If the accident happens in the EU, use the provided accident report form to record all the details.
- Call us on 01473 935278 with the accident details within 24 hours.
Our vehicle is still in warranty by VW and serviced and maintained by VW, therefore, in the unlikely event the vehicle breaks down it is covered by VW Assist. You will find the VW Assist booklet in the glove compartment of the vehicle.
If VW Assist are unable to get you on your way, they will recover the vehicle back to our local main dealer where we will collect you, we will then reimburse you for any remaining hire days on a pro-rata basis.
Unfortunately we are unable to cover the cost of additional expenses such as camping which has been booked, tickets, ferry crossings etc.
Any damage to the inside of the vehicle such as breakages will be charged for. We will only charge for the replacement cost of the item or for the damage incurred. The cost will be calculated and deducted from your security deposit.
The insurance has the following criteria:
- All drivers must be between the age of 25 and 75, have at least two years’ driving experience, have no current traffic convictions or endorsements except minor ones, have no more than six penalty points on the driving licence and have not been involved in more than one accident in three years.
- Please ensure you read our Hire Terms before booking.
- A Security deposit is payable when you collect the Campervan, this will be refunded once the vehicle has been returned in the same condition and with a full tank of fuel.
- The hirer will also be fully liable for replacement or repair of windscreen, tyre or alloy wheel damage. Insurance cover provided is Fully Comprehensive.